Finding sources of Revenue for your eBay store

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

When I talk to people about increasing their revenue in their Ebay store, one of the easiest tips I can give them is to learn to identify opportunities in front of you. Most people know to go through their attic and basement looking for items to sell. What about family and friends? Do you know anyone moving? They always have items they want to get rid of. There are also those that are cleaning out storage spaces, or getting ready to have a yard sale. Some of them may give you the items just to get rid of them, and some may want some percentage of the sale amount. Maybe it’s worth it to put in the work for part of the profit, maybe it’s not. That’s going to be your call. There are always people around that are taking items to Goodwill because they just don’t want to mess with selling them. These could all be great opportunities. You may have friends that have jobs that could put them in position to help you. I’ll give you a perfect example. I have a friend who is an insurance adjuster. I asked her if she ever ran into situations that had salvage opportunities. A few days later, she called me to tell me that a pro shop had flooded and their entire inventory had to be written off, even though most had no damage what so ever. I collected all of their golf apparel and paid ten cents on the dollar of their wholesale cost (which is usually half of the price on the tag). I made a killing on the deal. It’s all about finding new avenues and listening for the right opportunities. Good luck!

Sarah Shipley
Taylor's Corner Children's Clothing

0 comments: